Tuesday, 17 April 2012
Blogista: Yes. I too feel disappointed. Cheated, even. Though it is true that 'fadge' can refer to flat Irish potato cakes, inter alia.
Readers: They aren't even hairy.
Blogista: Is there no end to our misfortune?
- just past your 54th birthday?
- long-term unemployed?
- recovering from multiple fractures to the right shoulder?
- only sober because you couldn't be arsed today to go down Tesco for the daily bottle of Famous Grouse?
- possessed of assets totalling a mere £750 in this world?
- too depressed to write to your nephews and nieces thanking them for their lovely birthday cards?
- having to look up 'possess' and 'niece' because your brain is so corroded that your spelling is suspect?