Thursday 4 March 2021

Those are the hills of Heaven, my love, where you will never win

An urge took me to hear some Steeleye SpanI haven't listened to any since the drink became my only love, and I lost my innocence.

A few days on, four CDs have arrived: Below the Salt; Parcel of Rogues; Now We Are Six and Commoners Crown.

The debit is a longing for the young man of four decades ago, the sharp sense of loss and incapacity. The benefit of sobriety and second childhood is that I have some innocence again.


If th'Span ain't your groove, hep cat, the Thai Elephant Orchestra are bloody good value.


4 comments:

x said...

You've inspired me here Mr C, used to love Steeleye Span, got a couple of ancient LPs of theirs, "All Around My Hat" and "Now We Are Six". Meant to start getting back into more folky style music a while ago and then forgot all about it. Never get round to anything these days. The dustbin is full of rotting intentions.

Wot, you ain't drinking now? Me neither, haven't had any alcohol in at least three months, didn't see any point as it didn't really do anything.

Innocence, bah! Forgotten what anything else is like. Finding any women who want a bit of nudgy wink at my age is impossible.

Chertiozhnik said...

At my age I feel I should be looking to the end of things, not to the back end of a woman, but the latter is more engaging if less attainable.

x said...

Come on yer lazy git, get yer finger out. I need bollux to read.

Chertiozhnik said...

I am straining what is left of my brain for some solid bollux, and getting nothing but a watery gruel... final stages of mental dysentery...