1) Really totally no more drinking. Alcoholics Anonymous is my home from home. What has drinking ever brought me but ruin?
2) And this year I am really going to be bothered about ruin.
3) And no more sex. I turn 50 in 2008. I have had a good innings: 1000+ and still keen to wield the old willow. But looking back, only about 0.002% of them were sane. Attrition, it was always the attrition.
4) Canadian Air Force 5BX. Because it is unfitting that ones centre of gravity should even begin to resemble a sack of turnips.
5) Cooking. That is what men do, and exceptionally well.
6) Money. Everything I know about money, I learned from the cardboard pennies and threepenny pieces and sixpences which smelt deliciously of my primary school teacher's husband's tobacco tin. Time to move on.
7) Stop being so bloody nice. Without becoming ill-mannered.
8) Eat Tokyo. Graaraargharrgh.
9) What is the opposite of "ambiguous"? Find out and live the life.
10) Get a coffee-table book. And a coffee table to put it on. Simple, achievable.