Thursday 14 February 2008

On Not Having Had Any For A Year Now


















"Cricket is the greatest thing that God ever created on Earth, certainly greater than sex, although sex isn't too bad either."

So says Mr. H. Pinter, who is married to Lady Antonia Fraser, authoress of "Love and Louis XIV" and other tomes, was married to Vivien Merchant, and has also possibly had Joan Bakewell and Malcolm Muggeridge.

I am told that England are 112 for 8 in their second innings against Mauritius. It's a fast sun-baked pitch that should favour our left-handers.

5 comments:

YesBut said...

Malcolm Muggeridge? - surely not

(What's the word for having sex with a corpse?)

Anonymous said...

I heard Freud likened sex to tennis. Personally, I think there is something wrong with these sport perverts.

Anonymous said...

Answer to yesbut.

Marriage.

Mad Dog said...

Well at least he got his leg over unlike others in the game. See here (and scroll down on link): http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/test_match_special/2939054.stm

Chertiozhnik said...

Marriage, indeed. Ah yes, I remember it well.

I feel like having another go just to see if it can be made at all like tennis. I only ever played the game once, against a wheezy fat bloke who lost forty-love or whatever and then we went for a beer. My nurse won't let me try again, however - nor am I allowed to smoke a bigfat cigar or persue the leaping salmon upstream.

As for Mr. Botham and lack of legover, I am going to put myself up for a Lifetime Achievement Award, a government grant, or both. There has to be a consolation prize somewhere.