Monday 25 February 2008

Where Did You Get That Hat

TrusTECH is an NHS organisation and part of the NHS Innovation Hub network.

Which is why it is so wonderful that they have come up with the Inter-Faith Gown.

"It is made up of five pieces – three head garments, a gown and trousers."

Only one "gown and trousers."

Plus - the Ned Kelly (for modest Australians), the Mother Mary (for bashful Virgins) and a third which seems to consist of offcuts (for the shy but Parsimonious).

The task of the NHS is to liquidate the poor and the maimed and the halt and the blind. A choice of three fancy hats to go with the cerements seems extravagant.

When I go, I want to go in straight-laced shoes, a box-back coat and a stetson hat - with a twenty-dollar gold piece on my watch-chain, so the boys'll know I died standing pat.

---

Tip of th'tiplo to to Samizdata.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to sing that one in a manky little club in bath. Let her go god bless her.

Anonymous said...

Actually (after 40 years this has only just occurred to me) it was called Joe's.

Chertiozhnik said...

Wow! In what kind of band?

Anonymous said...

Band??? Just me and a guitarist. I still have his guitar in may attic.

PS I meant Bath, not bath. I don't want people thinking I used to sing in the bath with another bloke.

YesBut said...

Will they have G -strings for naturalist patients.