Friday 6 July 2007

Antique













O'Hara
has returned, and launched a happy-slappy attack on modern computer technology.

Is there any ancient such, you ask?

Why yes. I learned to program on a Univac 418-III.

I took a girlfriendee to the V&A recently, and pointed out a punch-card machine amongst their exhibits which I almost certainly used myself once, to... punch programming cards.

This was before the days, o younger readers, of the "VDU" aka "monitor". And the "PC".

It did not go down well. It reminded her of how old I am, and of how much older she is than me, and... Expenditure around £650 for the whole Dating experience (yes, really), result zero. Thank you, dear-to-be, for sending an SMS with the brush-off.

Readers: You have started blogging again?

Blogista: Might have.

Readers: You're not getting laid at all, then.

Blogista:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I thought you must have been all loved up...
Still. When all else fails Blogdom is always waiting and true.
(Plus - In-jokes are always the funniest.)