Sunday 26 August 2007

Sunday

Dream tobacco, take me away...



And now that you've all tapped your feet along to the song...

Autobiography (3)

Thirty years, not twenty.

Hope you made an honest woman of her, Gill G-. Or at least a happy one. When do I get a copy of that picture of me made up as Billie Holiday with a magnolia in my hair?

I too was young and beautiful. I was young and beautiful once.

Stiff Records (founded 1976) printed the best records ever on earth. I still have the original of this single, EP, 45, in store somewhere - and no record player. Time for a Dansette. Their promo t-shirts read "If it ain't Stiff it ain't worth a fuck" or "We came, we saw, we left".

Best except Island Records.

Always think it out in the light of reason.

Someone hand me down that opium pipe...

No comments: